The Fortune Teller: A Novel
It is a memoir that predicts the future — right up to what happens when Semele discovers it.
Waiting on Wednesday - The Fortune Teller | Novels to read, Books, Books to read
The writer is an oracle, able to trace her descendant's stories forward in time from ancient Egypt through World War II. It also reveals the ancient set of symbols that comprise the modern tarot deck; the more a seer works with those symbols, the more powerful her ability to read the future becomes.
It describes the first set of tarot cards created, which were passed down through the oracle's descendants. When the script addresses Semele by name, she becomes obsessed with finding the connections between the fortune tellers mentioned and her own life. Semele has the "sight," although she has tried to ignore it. As she reads the 2,year-old manuscript she finds that it speaks directly to her and warns her of danger.
She doesn't know who to trust. Theo, Marcel's son, has been kind and helpful, but she doesn't really know him.
My next novel! The Fortune Teller ~ Coming in 2017
The book alternates between the past and present. Present day chapters bear tarot card names; chapters set in the past are represented by the infinity symbol.
The time to auction off Bossard's estate is nearing, and someone knows the cards exist and will do anything to possess them and the power they hold. But as Semele delves further, she realizes the manuscript is more than it seems. Both a memoir and a prophecy, it appears to be the work of a powerful seer, describing devastating wars and natural disasters in detail thousands of years before they occurred.
- 36 Desi Indian Lesbian Sex Stories!
- NewsOK: Oklahoma City News, Sports, Weather & Entertainment!
- The Devil to Pay.
- The Misty Hollow Cat Detective - Away From Home (Darcy Sweet Mystery) (A Smudge The Cat Mystery Box Set 3).
- The Fortune Teller by Gwendolyn Womack.
- 100 Training Dog Tricks And Tips.
- Book Corner: The Fortune Teller by Gwendolyn Womack.
The more she reads, the more the manuscript begins to affect Semele's entire life. But what happened to the cards?
As the mystery of her connection to it deepens, Semele can't shake the feeling that she's being followed. Only one person can help her make sense of it all: her client, Theo Brossard. Yet Theo is arrogant and elusive, concealing secrets of his own, and there's more to Semele's desire to speak with him than she would like to admit.
Can Semele even trust him? The auction date is swiftly approaching, and someone wants to interfere - someone who knows the cards exist, and that the Brossard manuscript is tied to her.
- Flights of Imagination:: A collection of poems and stories by Caithness Writers.
- Defiance: Silver Snakes MC!
- The Fortune Teller's Daughter, a novel by Susan Wilson.
- Childrens Book: Powers of William and Friends (Bedtime story)values(beginner early readers)Funny,Preschool-Rhymes(Early learning)picture book-kids series.
- Maiden Musings;
- Anatomy and Physiology: Anatomy and Physiology v. 1.
- Top Authors;
Semele realizes it's up to her to stop them: the manuscript holds the key to a year-old secret, a secret someone will do anything to possess.